Example for a project with typical steps.
The challenge in this project was to develop a high end cam follower with reduced moving mass and improved high-speed performance which was only achievable by MIM.
Material selection based on :
- Mechanical properties
- Termic properties
- Processing of green part (for example milling or lasering of green part)
- Finishing ability
- Availability of feedstock
- Development of new material to meet hardness requirements
- Chnanges in geometry to reduce weight and increase performance
- Surface adaption to better suitcoating requirements after grinding and tumbling
Start of serial production:
- Initial sample inspection according to VDA guidelines
- Demonstration of necessary process and measuring abilities
- Start of serial production
Fully equipped tool shop and engineering department for design, process simulation and manufacturing of injection moulds.
In-house design and manufacturing of dedicated production equipment, ranging from jigs to fully automated special purpose (e.g. calibration, assembly) machines.
Fully equipped metallographic laboratory to evaluate micro structure, carbon content, density, hardness and more.
Lab-scale and small quantity feedstock production.
Comprehensively equipped with state of the art measuring equipment (tactile and optical) for dimensional and surface quality.
Quality Management system according to ISO 9001:2015 and IATF 16949 installed.